Wednesday, April 30, 2014

May Farm Flowers

I'm not entirely sure where times does. We moved up to the Blue Mountains four months ago. There's been a flurry of weddings since then I feel like I live partly in the mountains and partly at the flower markets, in a bucket of flowers. Not a bad situation at all.

A lovely friend {the lady behind henryhudsonblog.com.au a wonderful floral design blog} took me to  May Farm Flowers near Windsor. The grower there is a dashed lovely man called Chris. He grows ranunculus, roses {great old varieties and excellent new ones too-of particular note a couple of my favourites Hot Chocolate, Sentimental and Graham Thomas but also so so many more splendid roses}, poppies, lisianthus, kale, lavender, dahlias, buddleia, achillea, gardenia, veronica, smoke bush and some wattle and gum foliages. Really great stuff. Oh and rose hips and the most glorious exuberant scabiosa I've ever seen. Chris was really interesting to talk to. It's good to hear things from the growers point of view and also kind of scary. I guess it's the same with everyone growing/rearing things there's a lot of uncertainty.

Chris is at the EQ markets at Fox Studios on Wednesdays, fridays and sometimes Saturdays being kind, slinging flowers. What a world, eh?

He let us cut whatever we wanted. It was a life highlight.

Thanks Chris.

And warmest thanks to Amy for sharing the days photos with me-long live flowery adventures x



















No comments:

Post a Comment