Sunday, May 18, 2014

tiny succulent village // hamilton's world of cacti

I went adventuring with my dear plant pal Georgina {theplanthunter.com.au} to Hamilton's World of Cacti in Llandilo. There were some pretty great cacti planted around the property and some great hoop houses/greenhouses/igloos which had magnificent potted cultivars but we weren't allowed in to touch them and mysteriously weren't allowed to know who owned them {someone renting the igloo, apparently}

It was a fun and slightly weird adventure.

My favourite bit was seeing the beautiful geometric marks on the aloes made by the leaves {no doubt the incorrect term} before they unfurled.

Also, I planted a few handful of tulips and bought a new heuchera {Peach Flambé}, my third-dearly adored companion. I was laughing to myself as I buried the tulips and kept the potted heuchera near me because I was thinking of it as companion planting. Oh. Dear.













No comments:

Post a Comment